Friday, March 6, 2009

THIS IS A LATE LAPTOP UPDATE! AND A STUPIDLY LONG CATCH UP POST!


After several weeks spent traipsing around numerous computer dealers etc. I have hopefully found somewhere that is willing to fix my beloved laptop.

I went to Computer Wizard (and was treated rudely and vowed never ever to go in there again), had a man named Ken come and look at it, I took it to EBS Computers (who spent a week on it and did nowt), and finally I took it to Mr Computer in town, near the station.

He took it apart, and as impressed as I am about the quickness of his responses to the problem and his helpful calls about how he is doing etc. There is something about him I don't trust.

However, he found out what the problem was. Basically there is a fault with many many HP laptops and their graphics cards, and that is what ONE of the problems was with mine. It seems as though the card problem was triggered sooner rather than later by a build up of dust on my cooler fan, which sucks up dust when I am using it in bed.

My entire motherboard needs replacing, which at first look was going to cost £450+.
Mr Computer said they could get me one for £300+ which is at least £100 cheaper.

I said yes, and my new motherboard has been ordered from Hong Kong no less, and should be arriving in the next few weeks. He did order it off eBay though, which concerned me...but if he knows what he's doing then...I guess it's okay...

Anyhoo, I should be back in internet land in a few weeks.

NEXT ON THE AGENDA:

TYC's Much Ado About Nothing.
Basically I have learnt none of my lines and they are supposed to all be learnt by Sunday.
HAHAHA fat chance. It's in like 3 weeks. I would say I'm fucked.

NEXT:

I got the best peice of work ever ever ever in Media today.
Our task is to create a new character for Heroes, storyboard and script their entrance to the show, design web pages and magazine articles etc.
HOW FRIKKIN' AWESOME IS THIS?!?!

I swear I nearly wet myself a little bit when she told us. I was that excited.

We are supposed to be in groups of 3, but my Media teacher said she believed I am competent enough to do the whole thing by myself, which is fucking immense. She said she had no doubt that I was going to get an A, and I am suprisingly REALLY excited about the whole thing, exams and all. Which is a little freaky.

NEXT:

In Drama Maddy and I are doing a duologue for the exam together.
We have chosen to do a scene from The Last Days of Judas Iscariot, in which Satan (Maddy) confronts Judas (Me) in a bar.
It's funny and quick and weird and annoyingly excellent which makes it really hard to cut down as we only have 4 minutes to perform it. Which, as it turns out, is no time at all.

NEXT:

HEROES!

My. God.

Immense. Seriously. Immense.

Peter looks frikkin' gorgeous (good to see Milo is working his bangs again this season), Nathan looks wonderful (it seems Adrian has also chosen to give Nathan a hair re-working), Matt is super tanned, Sylar looks INCREDIBLE, and it's all generally fabulous in the land of sexymen.

Unfortunately on Monday, I decided to mention in school that Daphne is my favourite female character. Stupid of me, really, as that evening the writers decided to have her shot (apparently) dead.

WANKERS.

But yes, I am thrilled it's back and loving it more than ever.

Although, there is talk of it being cancelled as the audience reception over in the US of A is not great. Greg Grunberg (who plays Matt) said on Twitter that the show is not going to be cancelled, and Grunny is one supercool dude, and I trust his words.

If America can make the fantastic choice to elect President Obama, then surely it's not past them to save a truly fantastic show?!
We live in hope.

NEXT:

This blog will be getting a serious makeover when my laptop returns.
Watch out for it yes?

Cool.


See you all soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment