Monday, March 23, 2009

Much Ado About Nothing - The First Night Write Up.

So Liz and I arrived, and went straight round the back for costume and makeup. After applying heavy amounts of eyeliner etc. before I showed up, I had Laura draw 'sideburns' on my face, and I also decided to do a Tony Stark trademark beard thing. I thought it would look jazzy. It was sort of a tribute to Robert Downey, Jr. I kinda wanted the luck, you know? Everyone looked really cool and I felt surprising confident after the full dress rehearsal. I ended up adding more gel to my hair, as well as hair spray, white hair colouring and glitter spray. My hair was pretty much rock hard, but I was liking the look to be honest.

Time went quickly, and soon they had opened the doors and people where piling in. We had a pretty full audience, which worried me. I was bricking it before I went on. It went alright, up until I fucked up the like 'So she says as she is beginning to write to him', and I started making weird 'Shh' noises like you do when trying to do that 'she sells sea shells' tongue twister. Bah. Liz and I ended up having to improvise pretty much an entire scene as I said a whole paragraph in the wrong place, but I think we did okay there.

We were talking to Arella/Orella/??? offstage, and Camilla said 'line' and she had no idea where she was which made us feel terrible. But to be honest, Camilla should have learnt her lines, so...

Matt and the Watch were pretty shabby. I think at one point he actually gave up on his lines, but from what my Dad said to me afterwards, it seemed as though they were just reading the lines as words; they didn't know what they were actually saying.

There were some awkward moments of silence, and the music was wayyyy to loud, even my Dad said so. I mean, it's not as if we were protesting all of Sunday, and during the run through that you can't hear anything people are saying. Oh, wait...

By the end, I was quite desperate to get home. I didn't really want to hang around, and although I do appreciate people coming to see it, I'm not the sort of person who waits around and mingles with the croud after a performance, I just want to get home and shower. Especially this week. It's half eleven at night and I'm considering starting more Media work.

Anyway, here are three pictures from backstage, one of Liz and me, one of Liz, Laura and me in the mirror and one of me and Caitlin. Hopefully I'll get more tomorrow.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket







1 comment:

  1. god we look good!

    Tonight we will be even better, but no matter how shit it is i have the time of my life doing it :)

    ReplyDelete