1. Getting to university. I don’t mean moving away or grades or anything, I mean finally getting to university and realizing that things happen when you make them happen. I’m genuinely looking forward to getting back down to Falmouth and getting back into all the things I’ve started.
2. Getting my maths GCSE. I finally have a C, and though it might not be the most impressive thing in the world I’m certainly proud of myself for getting it together and taking the exam. The pressure is off and it feels great.
3. Getting back into football. I am secretary of the women’s football team at Tremough and have made it clear that I take the game seriously. I can’t wait to start playing matches and scoring goals.
4. Mallorca with the family. A really good two weeks of sun and relaxation. For the most part!
5. Being friendly and reliable at work. Though it might not be the most glamorous job in the world, it did make me feel good to know that people would come into the shop just to see me. A regular came to my leaving drinks before university, what more do I need to say?
6. Chillin’ with my buddies. Particularly poignant in the year we were scattered across the country. Whether it involves parties, cheesy chips, Doctor Who or birthdays, I love you dudes, I really do.
Targets For 2012:
1. Find a nice, three-bedroom house in Penryn with Natalie and Bryony.
2. Score a hat trick during a football match.
3. Pass my shorthand exam.
4. Finish the year with a 2.1 (or above would be nice. I’m being practical).
5. Go/travel somewhere.
6. Get work experience in journalism.