Saturday, May 1, 2010

You catch me on this, the Saturday of the Bank Holiday weekend, during a day which is jam-packed with fun and japes. This morning, I woke up first, and, heading into the kitchen to make scrambled eggs and a strong coffee, I was stopped in my tracks by a mess of dark feathers at the bottom of the stairs. Muttering an 'Oh God' to myself, I proceeded to step carefully into the hallway, unsure of what I'd find. Turning to the left, I spotted the latest little victim of the cats, a bluetit. Quite a clean kill, I thought, and I was thankful for it as it meant I didn't have to fetch a cloth and cleaning stuff to scrub birdy bloodstains out of the cream carpet.

So I sorted that, or not, as Mum just announced Dead Birdy has disappeared from the dustpan by the back door. I hope Dad has buried it, otherwise Lord knows where we'll find it next.

Anyway, so I did that and then went to Morries where I got the new Empire (which is excellent and features a full account and pictures from the Jameson Awards night, including a gorgeous b&w photo of Jude Law and Gwyneth Paltrow, which I may have to wall). In other news, the Iron Man 2 score isn't released until JULY 7th. This is vair irritating as I won't have it to go to Corfu with. Which is major bumsy as I was really looking forward to that.

This afternoon I am being taught how to repair bike wheel punctures and going to Harpenden to buy curtain material. Even though I haven't told Mother this (she'll read it here anyway), I'm quite happy to just leave the curtains as they are as a last memento to my old room. I suppose new is new though and gift horses and all that, or whatever. What the hell is a gift horse anyway? All I know about them is from that song from the crappy Trestle Christmas fiasco we had to do a couple of years ago.

EDIT: I got new curtains. They are awesome and stripy and super cool. Out with the old, in with the new!

Spare ribs and Doctor Who tonight, so, you know, silver lining and all that. Oh, and has anyone seen that new John Lewis advert? You can find the song HERE. A lot of people have said it makes them very emotional, but sadly, the closest I've got to tears (for media consumption reasons) this week is during Iron Man 2 or watching the brand new Audi R8 V10 Spyder advert on telly. Pathetic, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment