Thursday, May 6, 2010

Evening. I'm going to vote soon, how exciting. Being considered an adult is a very interesting experience. Today I've been doing very housewifey things, and I don't mean that in a particularly derogatory way, I just can't think of another way of saying jobs-that-you-usually-do-in-the-day-to-make-the-house-look-nice. Other than chores, but that's American and aimed at lazy teenagers. Oh, wait. No, actually, it's okay - I'm an adult now.

I've also, for some mad reason, ramped up my gym workout routines to a level that causes me to have to walk home slowly and sit down with a bottle of water half-way and pretend that I'm actually watching empty bags of crisps drift beautifully across a grassy landscape as opposed to not collapsing with exhaustion. And, as an ex-P.E. student, all I can really think is 'I shouldn't be sitting down, the build up of lactic acid in my legs will surely result in some painful cramps the minute I stand up'. So it's 20 minutes of treadmill at 8.5 speed and then a weight-loss specific programme on the cross trainer for 30 and then another kilo up in weights after that.

I'm planning to try and find my way to Sainsbury's via the Alban Way as Laura tells me that it's possible, and get some ingredients to try a variety of what the health websites call 'Vitamin Weight Loss Gross Looking But Apparently Delicious If You Have No Tastebuds Or Sense Of Smell...Juice'. Actually, it's kale juice, which seems to be a type of cabbage. MmmMmmm.

Ta ra, dears. Mother's home soon and I must make a pot of tea.

1 comment:

  1. Good news! There is kale in the greenhouse so all you need to do is put it on the floor and pretend it's a treadmill.

    ReplyDelete