Friday, May 7, 2010

I decided against the gym today. I feel crap about it because this week has been abismal regime-wise and I really should try and find something that gives me a bit of motivation. I'm trying to convince myself that by doing what was essentially four days worth of exercise in two days, I finished yesterday but that's a stupid thing to say, especially as I went to Anne's last night and ate two Twirls and some Haribo and Kettle Chips and finished up Laura's noodles from the Chinese. NICE WORK, GENIE.

So I came home and on the way back my legs went a bit weird and wibbly and (trying not to be too graphic here) I had seriously bad cramps on top of that. Figuring it wouldn't be a good idea to attempt an hour's worth of pumping iron and running like a crazy lady, I just decided to have a bath and see how that worked. Very well, apparently. I found some olive oil bath lotion from L'Occitane and it made the tub smell good and my skin is now very soft and I rather wish I hadn't used the entire bottle. It was only a small one.

I've spent the rest of the afternoon trying to find a Prom dress. I found quite a nice, simple navy blue one that would double up for a gorgeous dinner dress for Corfu in Anthropologie for £88.00 and I figure that might fit snugly into Mother's budget. We'll see.

Also, I put on a pin-striped shirt this morning that I haven't dared put on since I realised that wearing it was causing serious button strainage issues three months ago, and it fitted perfectly. That was a nice little surprise moment. Needless to say, I took it off and stuck with the old t-shirt and cardigan combo that I'm favouring for smart-casual at the moment. Typico.

Chips for dinner (ahahaha - what weight loss regime?!) and Ashes to Ashes tonight and then bed.

(Btw, I don't know why I'm doing all these long posts, but it just seems logical to try and write a bit more like an adult.)

No comments:

Post a Comment