Saturday, May 22, 2010

I have had such an awesome two days. Seriously.

Yesterday, I went into London with Dad and we did a tour of the Globe theatre and the exhibition inside. We were late to the tour, and a lady had to take us down the back way (ooerr) and made us join onto the group who had already been told about photos etc. so we missed nothing important. I learnt about prostitutes, a recurring theme when it comes to going out with my father. Inside the exhibition there was some helpful information on Middle Temple Hall and an account of a first viewing of Twelfth Night that will be helpful, as well as your clothes, props and stuff.

We were there to see Macbeth (you see, combining Drama and English revision in one day) and it was really, really good. I really enjoyed it and it was definiatly one of my favourite theatre-going experiences of the last few years. It was bloody and gory and funny and generally awesome.

We then went for dinner in one of my favourite spots to eat in London, the Strada facing St Paul's and the front steps. I like it because of a fandom reason that if I put on here, Mother will mutter 'oh, for God's sake' out loud. Sherlock Holmes 2009 is all I'll say.

Today I went to town with Mother and we went to Carluccio's for coffee and I had the thingy with three mugs, one each of coffee, chocolate and cream and a plate of biscuits between us. I got Neil a birthday card and some black jeans from New Look (the jeans were for me) after spotting Laura in the library. I went to get a Dracula York Notes from Waterstones, and saw Caitlin but you looked busy so I didn't want to disturb you. They didn't have the book, by the way. And then Mother took me to Clarks where she bought me the most gorgeous pair of boots I have ever seen in my entire life, and that I intend to wear even though it's hotter in England at the moment than it is in either LA or Johannesburg.

Ashes to Ashes was incredible on Friday night, and I'm so so so sad it's over. Laura and I (depressingly) ended up sobbing on msn whilst discussing it. Keats was freaky ass and bloody scary and Keeley Hawes killed me with her acting and the Gene Genie was perfection and, well, it's going to take a lot for the BBC to trump that hour of TV, let me tell you.

Tomorrow, I take Mutti to the Earthworks open day and attempt to open my Lysistrata, which has remained on the corner of my desk, ignored, since study leave began. I did finish Frankenstein today though, which is something.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to say: I'VE DROPPED A JEANS SIZE! THAT'S 2 INCHES!

2 comments:

  1. I wish you had said hello. And do you want to do coffee next week? say Monday or Wednesday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. monday @ one sounds great, should be see is Laura can come as well?

    ReplyDelete