Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's been a week without a blog, which is due to many things but mainly the fact that my laptop decided to go extinct on me during the first week of the holiday. So a new part has been ordered but seeing as it's Sunday tomorrow, and, as Mr Dursley said quite rightly: 'There's no post on Sundays', I won't get it until some time next week. Which is very irritating.

Now I'm on the very slow downstairs computer, but I guess I should be thankful that it's actually turned on, which is more than can be said for mine.

Okay, so. What to talk about?

Doctor Who
I think I'm probably more towards Caitlin's reaction than Laura's. I forced myself to not become too deeply emotionally involved because I had to have dinner straight afterwards and in this house I fear that if I'd sat there in a state of deep emotional trauma I would have just been told to grow up.

However, if anyone in my family asks me to talk about it, I firmly reply with a 'don't have any comments' because I am actually in a state of deep emotional trauma; I'm just hiding it very well.

Not too keen on the new catchphrase. Not. At. All.

There were two things about it I was scared of. Number one: Ten regenerating. And as he did so and the TARDIS was being destroyed all around him all I could think was 'he's my Doctor, and he will always be my Doctor' as some kind of warped goodbye. But he is my Doctor. And I'm really going to miss him. Really going to miss him. Number two: Wilf. Because I can't bear seeing old people crying and Wilf is such a wonderful character that in his attempts to cheer the Doctor up, or order him to take the pistol, or his final salute I was slowly becoming more and more heartbroken. I thought it was an excellent episode, and screw the reviews. As Laura said, David Tennant couldn't have wished for a better send off.

My Room
Walls are pretty much done and the wardrobe is in and done as of today. I've spent the last week painting and working in there and to be quite frank, I'm sick of hearing about it in every single conversation we have. Please please can we change the subject, family? And can we only talk about it during working hours? Thanks.

School Work
Drama is done. It took ages. Also, I had to re-type my entire Sylvia Plath essay as I hadn't saved it onto a USB pen and of course, my laptop ist kaput. But it's done and I managed to find a whole load more to shove in it due to actually reading that white booklet.

Sherlock Holmes
I saw it again last Wednesday, it was fantastic and possibly even better the second time. Ohh, RDJ, what more can I say about you? ♥

Happy New Year
I spent mine at Anne's watching films and eating pizza and it was lovely. The first film I watched in 2010 was Iron Man. Are you suprised, regular readers?!

Lot's to read, too much to write. Good night.
I don't know when I'll be back.

1 comment:

  1. Well i hope you come back soon, and he is your doctor and that's the point i am making. I don't no like MS it is just RTD, JG and DT were my Doctor Who and SM and MS (that's funny the fact if you swap the letters around they change to each other!) are in part taking that away :(


    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete