Thursday, January 21, 2010

Parent's Evening, what a bloody blast. I guess Mum is kind of right when she said that it's sad it's my last one ever. She said she remembers going to them when I was a little girl and they had to sit in those tiny plastic chairs. I thought instantly of that bit in 'Miranda' when she's stuck in the tiny plastic chair.

English was interesting. I told Ma and Pa before we sat down that Mrs Masters looks like a cross between the Bake-O-Lite Girl and Babs from 'Chicken Run'. Mum later admitted to me she found it difficult to not think she was sitting across from a talking chicken. Anyway, Mrs Dean said that I've 'matured' a lot since last year. Also that I'm 'contributing' to lessons. Which is a total lie. She said Laura and I have a lot of good ideas and a clear understanding of Gothic Literature. All I could think of was A, Laura pretending to jump out of her school bag as Dracula and B, Laura writing the word 'penis' next to that bit where Van Helsing does weird things on a coffin. I said I wanted a B in my exam and they looked at me as if I was nuts. They said I have to gear myself up for the final push and I really wanted to say out loud 'Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more...' to impress them but I didn't. They said I should be like Macbeth in the last parts of the play, which means I apparently I should go totally batshit crazy and have my head cut off by an angry scotsman with a silly name.

In Drama Rolo and Horne said that scriptwriting is my strength and also that I shouldn't be afraid of hurting people's feelings. Also that my 'strengths' include the ability to have a practical approach to the devising process rather than an overly-optimistic one and that I'm always 'smiling' and people rely on me to be strong. I am the spine of a very floppy, soon-to-be-dead fish. Horne opened by saying '2 weeks to D-Day' and I said 'Yeah, with emphasis on the D'.

I love parent's evening. What a laugh.

Oh dear, I fear I've just gone and drunk too much strong coffee. Yeeheeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment