Monday, January 4, 2010

I got home today to find two large packages waiting for me next to the door. One was from HP, and contained my new laptop charger (so, hello internet/world/procrastination) and the other contained my Lord of the Rings Special Extended Edition Triple Box Set. It's lush, it really is. They are super pretty and in each box there are four discs so that's twelve discs of Middle-Earth goodness for me to enjoy. Also they are packed in this gorgeous box which has 'The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy' written in stamped gold on each side, and on the top is the writing from around the ring, also in stamped gold. I'm sure none of you care very much, but I'm very excited and after I've got ready for tomorrow and had a wash and I'm in bed, I'm going to watch all four extended hours of The Fellowship of the Ring.

But before any of that can commence, I need to express my genuine distress at getting the grades back for my English coursework. You know, the Othello and Death of a Salesman re-takes. Mrs Dean came over at the beginning of the lesson and told me I'd got a C for each. She went on to say that they were an improvement on last year's, but actually, that's a total lie because I got C's last year as well. Basically, all in all, re-taking the work was a complete waste of time and money because my grade hasn't improved at all. And I'm really disappointed.

The thing is, I thought I'd cracked them. Yes, Mum helped me figure out what else to put and stuff but I still tried really hard to improve them and it's made no difference. So upon handing in the Sylvia Plath essay (which I also spent loads of time on, and really tried hard with), I felt a lot less confident about the whole thing because evidently, I haven't cracked it.

Also, I hate Tuesdays. And it's Tuesday tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Thats not good, but i know that feeling of thinking you have finally got somewhere just to be told that you haven't actually moved!

    ReplyDelete