Sunday, June 28, 2009

I'm having a busy weekend. It's three o' clock on Sunday and I'm very tired. It's been one of those weeks where loads of things happen but it's almost like you weren't there for any of it. I know I did stuff, and things stick out, but overall it's been manic.

In a list, my week comprised of: Grandma coming down, major cramping, crap TYC, useful Media sessions, reading Gothic novels, Nando's for dinner, two fillings, Grandma leaving, an effort certificate for Media, stressful Drama lessons and way too much walking and watching In Bruges. Which was brilliant, by the way.

Yesterday, one of Mum's friends came down to stay with us. I was quite excited. We met Robert at the train station and went straight to the Cathedral for coffee in the refectory. Dad left for work, an Mum, Robert and I walked round town enjoying the morris dancing and the two of us went up the clock tower to enjoy the view. We went all the way through the market and back, before walking through Verulamium via the hypocaust. Thrilling stuff. After this, we went for a late lunch in the Waffle House. I had a large chocolate milkshake and a banoffee waffle, and it was amazing. We walked back into town (up a massive hill and noting the ridiculous number of Porsche Carreras and Boxters that were parked throughout St Albans), grabbed some quick shopping and came home.

We had a great dinner, with drama provided by the stupidly impressive thunder and lightening, and some Glastonbury coverage on the telly, Kasabian of course.

This morning I went to the Cathedral with Robert to experience what Christians do on a Sunday morning. It was quite interesting, keeping in mind the fact I can't sing, I don't know any hymns and I'm not religious in anyway. But it was quite cool, and although I probably won't be doing it again next week, I respected the people who were there.

We came home and ate curry. It was nice. Then Robert went home :(

Overall, this weekend I have:
-Become desperate to go to New York because of Robert's wicked stories of what he did there.
-Begun to dread next week more and more, specifically TYC. It's not a joke, and I'm not going to try and laugh about it anymore. I just want to quit.
-Planned a part of my 18th birthday (a champagne bar in London with Robert and Mum).

Also, it's Top Gear tonight, and three weeks until we're in Portugal!

2 comments:

  1. well i am ready to quit and shall as i won't be going in september.

    and i'm sorry for leaving you on the saturday thing, please forgive me. Pretty please.

    see you tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you guys quitting TYC?

    ReplyDelete