Sunday, July 5, 2009

So I've just got out of the bath, and I'm feeling clean, refreshed, a bit hungry, quite tired and sort of prepped for next week. I've made the two presentations for English, and they're both pants but will hopefully do. No posts at all last week, I was pretty solid with work and stuff throughout so, like last week, this blog post will cover all of the major parts.

First off, Caitlin I do not hate you, and you are forgiven forever!

Monday was hot. And it was pretty hard to concentrate, so double English was spent making wordles saying things like 'Kasabian are the best band ever bar none' and 'Poo'. Tuesday was hot. And I had to go to Sandringham in the morning for a double lesson, where we looked at the effect of shock tactics in the Media and advertising. English was dull, and in Drama we had to do a physical lesson and it was crap because it was too hot and I hate physical theatre. Wednesday went pretty good, and at quarter to five I walked to Trestle (see paragraph at the bottom). Thursday I had the morning off, and then I went to Sandringham for a lesson where it turned out our teacher wasn't even there so I did nothing for an hour. On Friday we had Drama in the morning and we had to perform some of our devised pieces, which went quite well. Then I went to Media and decided that for my Year 13 coursework I'm going to look at feminism in comic books, which should be really cool.

Trestle.

I should probably say now that any resentment at having to be at TYC for rehearsals five until nine frittered away by about eight on the Wednesday. Yes, it was bloody tedious having to rehearse the same bits over and over and over again, and yes, it could have probably been organised a bit better.

But I liked that fact that I got the chance to actually get to know everyone else who was in the group before I left for good. The nice people anyway. So thanks to Carenza, Gemma, Aimee, Dave, Pascoe and Matt, and also thanks to Graham, the train man in the tunnel who gave me lolz with the light and smoke machine. Otherwise I would have probably died.

In the end, the performances weren't anything spectacular. They were okay, but, you know, it's Trestle I guess, and that's the way it is. The show sold out though, completely. Weird huh?

So I wrote this long sappy letter, to the theatre company and the youth group and everyone involved in them. It turns out I'd been doing Trestle related things for eight years, since 2001. I gave it to Anna, because I didn't know who else to give it too, and it was obvious she hadn't read it by the time we were prepping for the first performance.

After it though, when we were all having a lunch break out in the sun, she ran up to me, crying like a loon and hugged me proper tight. She'd obviously read it, and she told me she was going to send one to Laura Halliwell to read as well. The clinching moment for me?

At the end of the evening, Pascoe said to me: 'This is probably the last time I'll ever see you.'
Followed by serious hugging.

And that was that.



1 comment:

  1. It's sad that we're never going to see them all
    I wasn't even there
    I think I'm going to cry

    btw none of that was sarcastic
    neither was that
    :(

    On the other hand
    Are we mealing tomorrow night?

    ReplyDelete