Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Well, hey. Seeing as everyone seems to be doing it, this blog is an account of my revision that has been done and the revision that is yet to be done.

So I did Frankenstein first, figuring if I'm going to use it as my Section A English text then I should probably get to grips with the guy. I actually quite enjoyed reading the book. It's very good. Unfortunately, whilst reading it, many many easy comparisons with Paradise Lost and Macbeth began to scream out of the pages at me, like that shouty book in the first Harry Potter film.

Then I moved on to Lysistrata. I did all the questions on the sheet Mrs Horn gave us, plus an extra Section A. I feel okay about it, it's mostly blagging anyway. It doesn't matter what the question says because when it comes down to it, you can apply pretty much any rehearsal technique to your exercises if you can make it seem appropriate to your concept. So I'm fairly okay with that.

And today I finished my Twelfth Night revision, which means doing all the questions Rolo gave us even though half of them made no sense. But yes, I feel fairly confident with those as well and my notes seem pretty reliable so that's confidence boosting.

I'll start doing Media tomorrow because I haven't even started looking at my folder yet. My Section B is okay but needs a good day's worth of work and my Section A needs a serious amount of work as I've only done one mock of it in the lesson and that was about four weeks ago. Revision sessions next week, yay.

And that's that. Mum got me a Dracula York Notes in London today so I can do that after the Drama exam is over and inevitably end up using it as my Section A text as it's fresher in my mind. OH, BUMSY.

No comments:

Post a Comment