Tuesday, June 29, 2010

HELLO INTERNET!

First off, I'd like to thank Tim Berners-Lee for creating this marvellous, world-changing piece of technology. And also for giving it to humanity, not charging for it. I would also like to kick BT in the nads for being a total cocking waste of space.

Secondly, this is a quick blog, hopefully, as I'm off to town with Anne in a bit.

I don't know where to start. This time next week, I'll be in Corfu. Which is nice, and exciting and a bit worrying but I'm sure we'll all get on fine and be happy and have a great time. In between now and then, we have our Leaver's Ball tomorrow night, and then I have the TYC Thesp's Meal on Friday night. So a fairly busy week.

Doctor Who was fantastic and although I don't have time to re-watch it now, I shall be doing so the minute I get back in. Oh, Matt Smith and Karen Gillan. You make me feel like such a bloody hypocrite. Curse your brilliance.

England are out of the World Cup. There was a large, Rio Ferdinand-shaped hole in our defence and to be honest, I feel that there was really no point of Wayne Rooney even being there, as all he did was moan, have a go at the fans and walk about the pitch like he couldn't care less.

VIVA LA FURIA ROJA!

And, because Caitlin asked, these are the books I plan to read this summer. Some of them, anyway:

Glamorama by Bret Easton Ellis - I'm already a quarter of the way through.
A Short History Of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson - It's big, and looks awesome. Bought it on a whim.
Captain Corelli's Mandolin by Louis de Bernieres - Well, we are going to Greece.
A Serious Man by David Storey - Again, on a whim, from the bookshelf outside my room.

And, the one I'm MOST excited for:

Imperial Bedrooms by Bret Easton Ellis - Which, although it's not out yet, will probably be my literary highlight of the year.

Please keep in mind they are all rather large books. THANKYOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment