Sunday, April 4, 2010

I'm back from my Grandma's. Hello. It's certainly nice to be in a nice warm house. When we arrived on Thursday, it was freezing, and we all huddled round the fire and had dinner and tried to find things to do before going to bed. I slept with the electric heater next to my face.

On Friday morning, it was so cold that our breath hung in the air and no one dared use the back (and only) toilet for fear of frostbite. It was seriously much warmer outside in the garden. However, we all had to go into Carlisle for Dad's book thing (which, to be honest, I didn't really know what was happening and I ended up leaving early because I didn't have a ticket for the game anyway). So I walked up into Carlisle and met Mum and we had lunch and walked round the shops and had some coffee and cake and Mum bought me the Aqua Marina face stuff I wanted from Lush, and we also got some free soap, and I got the Kathy Reichs novel 'Deja Dead' because A, I'm addicted to Bones and B, I know Caitlin is reading it.

The evening was pretty good, although I was on Diet Coke and water all night. I was sitting on what ended up to be the ladies table, and we had a good long natter and I realised how tame and boring my life is and that apparently I have lost enough weight for a couple of people to comment on and yes, my eyelashes are naturally this long. My face is bonier than it used to be, apparently, so yay!

I finished annotating Lysistrata yesterday, and now all I have to do is that stupid English essay and my holiday will be free of work. Hopefully, it's all uphill from here.

1 comment:

  1. Have you started to read the book yet, it's different to Bones but similar (i don't know if that makes any sense at all)

    and DOCTOR WHO??

    ReplyDelete