Friday, March 5, 2010

You are all lucky people. Ma has let me use her laptop on the understanding that it's only for half an hour and that I don't get greasy fingerprints all over it, because apparently I did last time. I have a feeling this is going to be a fairly long post, so stick with it because it will be interesting.

Due to not having a laptop and all that, I've been feeling rather left out of the internet-social world. I like checking on blogs everyday and numerous something-secrets sites and reading tweets and looking at photos and seeing what's happening in the world.

However, not having my fingers glued to the keys means that I've been able to focus on other things that I would perhaps not have given full attention to in the past. Neatness, for a start. My desk has become a haven for the ordered. Everything has its place. Everything must go in its place immediately upon me dealing with it. Electronic equipment i.e. iPod, camera etc. must face horizontally under each other, unless they are charging. Books must be vertical on the right hand bottom corner. Pens must be in order. Empire magazine may only rest on the desk if I have a bad night's sleep, for easy midnight access. In the morning, my duvet must be folded back so the bed airs through the day, and my pyjamas must be folded neatly on the bottom right hand corner, ready for application come nighttime. The bed must be done before I leave my room in the morning.

Oh good Lord. I think I'm going insane.

In animal related news, we thought Star had done plops on Neil's shoes (I know, I laughed too) until he picked them up and the poo did a huge leap onto the kitchen floor, revealing itself to be a frog that Star had brought in and left as a lovely brown slimy prezzie for us. Also, Ma found some mice in the veranda or the shed or something and then went down the garden to find a dead mousey floating in the watering can. My theory? Ruddles was dangling it above its watery grave by its tail and laughing and taunting it like a madkit until his back leg attacked him whilst he was unprepared (as it so often does) and he dropped mousey-play-friend into the watering can and focused on killing his back leg instead.

Oh dear God. I think I'm even more of a crazy cat lady.

In summary - no laptop/internet means that I have developed OCD, talk about kitties at any given oppurtunity and hand my school work in late.

Send the folk in white round, asap.

P.S. Oscars on Sunday!!

1 comment:

  1. "...the poo did a huge leap onto the kitchen floor..."
    Rofl. I wish I had cats as mad and as crazy as yours, Janie!

    ReplyDelete