Saturday, September 12, 2009

What with the Caring is Sharing thing I did last week, I haven't done any actual blogging about my first week back at school. So here it is.

It was actually quite a lot of fun. I'm not sure at this point in time how long this will last, but for now I'm having a nice time being back. It certainly beats being at home at a loss of what to do.

This week has been pretty successful, and fairly productive.

In Drama I got my directorial debut when my group for Drama chose my edit of Lysistrata to perform. It was great, I liked being the director. I think it went quite well, although Ben's accent was a bit hilariously dodgy and Melissa had the best part of 20 minutes to get to grips with what she had to do. The truth will out on Monday when I get feedback.

In English Lit., we are looking at Dracula with Mrs Dean and Laura, Zanny and I have put together the most excellent of all Gothic posters for Monday's lesson. It's in the shape of a coffin, has fake blood and a picture of Dracula bursting out of the centre of it. I'll get a picture if I can. Plus, in Wednesday's lessons Mrs Masters looks like a brilliant teacher, AND we're doing Macbeth, my favourite play with her. She is even letting us bring in biscuits and stuff to keep us merry. On Wednesday we watched a documentary with Tony Robinson and then drew pictures of witches. I'm really looking forward to English this year.

In Media, I have two new teachers. I was a bit apprehensive, but Miss Samuels is really nice and Miss Ashton seems decent too. Plus, my coursework seems to have a new direction to go in, and I'm itching to get started because at least now I have some ideas about what I'm doing for the practical, and it should look pretty fine when I've done it.

In other news, I'm debating doing an English retake. I think I should, but I'll have to re-revise all the stuff from last year, and I could always do worse in the exam. The deadline is next week. I might have to talk with Mrs Dean about it and see if I could get some extra help or something.

And we have a new canteen at school and it's marvellous. It's a finger print scan system (very X-Men) and they are open all day so we can go and get coffee during free periods and the food is so much better. I had a bit of chocolate and beetroot brownie and it was SO nice. They also do rasperry jelly, duck and plum sauce, sandwiches on bloomer bread etc. etc.

I guess it's just nice to see everyone again. I have some work to do this weekend, but I'll probably do that tomorrow. Writing up notes from Media and read more of Dracula and stuff. Thanks to Anne for letting me borrow season one of Buffy the Vampire Slayer from her. And kudos to Laura for letting me eat loads of her food this week.

I'M OFF TO GET MY HAIR CUT NOW, BYE!

2 comments:

  1. OMG.

    Miss Samuels used to teach at stags and her and miss vogel were like this inseperatable duo and ahhh, their team on world challenge got into beef cause sams and vogel let them goo out drinking

    and is your canteen thing run by cucina, because thats what we have, and i had the most trimmest sandwich on friday :)

    anyway that is all from my little hyperactive rant.

    LOVE

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. howdy, sounds like fun!!

    seriously i need to do much more work!!

    ReplyDelete