Thursday, September 24, 2009

This is a rare midweek post. In which I complain and moan and stress and ponder. Nothing changes.

UCAS is a bitch, end of. I mean, come on, I spent a good 2 and bit hours this morning writing 5 moderate/short paragraphs attempting to make myself sound interesting, when really all I achieved was a sense that I've just been wasting my time and that I'm generally going to have to pull off some kind of miracle, because as far as I can see...this year really isn't going to go well. You would not believe how difficult it is to make yourself sound interesting whilst writing about why you want to do a course in Film and Television Studies. If anything, I just came across as a lazy slob who spends all their time watching movies and stuff and won't go out and get a job or any kind of experience.

Oh wait. That is me. Joy of bloody joys.

And I also discoverd today there is no way in hell of hells that I'll get on the Kings College course (which looked so bloody amazing) because my predicted grades aren't good enough. For a while, I'd deluded myself into thinking that maybe I could have got AAB if I'd really tried. Clearly now, this won't happen.

On top of all this (by the way, kudos if you're still reading) due to other problems with grades/exams of times gone by, my choices of Universities really isn't very large. It looks at the moment like Aberystwyth or nothing. How on Earth I'm going to come up with 4 more is beyond me, it really is.

If I could just get myself sorted out, or if someone would just sit down and go through this whole thing with me (and I would go to Mrs Dean but everytime I try and talk to her, she just brushes me off) it would be muchos appreciated. And no offence to anyone, but I need an adult who's done it all fairly recently.

Cocking hell.

In other news, I'm having strange cravings for porridge and spaghetti bolognese (not together). Buffy is marvellous and I'm enjoying it very much. And tomorrow I have to be in first thing in order to rehearse music to movement so I can look even more of a plonk when we perform in Drama. AND I've got a practice test in Media.

Way-wait for it-Hay.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, talk to Mr De Kort, he is a genius re universities and his son is a year above us so he KNOWS, MANNN.

    Re your choices, I am working on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You going to Aberystwyth Open Day?
    I'm going, during a fun visit to the 'Ohh Dash' grandparents.

    ReplyDelete