Monday, March 21, 2011

Oh poor, neglected blog. What have I done? You did nothing to deserve this abandoning I have left you to suffer. I do love you, very much. Just sometimes other things get in the way, you know?

Anyway, today I went to town with Laura and spent £13 on Iron Man 2 related things. HMV finally reduced their 2 disc version to £12, so I pounced, and I'm also currently listening to John Debney's FANTASTIC score that I borrowed from the library for a single pound. This is like a total repeat of last year where I essentially spent all my time either watching Iron Man, reading the comics, gushing over RDJ and covering my walls in posters and cut-outs from magazines. I did also buy Blade Runner for £4 because (before I say it, I know, it's shameful) I've never actually seen it the whole way through.

Can I also advise people to go out and get their hands on anything by The Vaccines. Dad sent me an email last week in which he quoted NME's review of them as 'just a bunch of pricks'. I disagree. NME have still decided to include them on their awards tour for 2011, which is a bit hypocritical of them. Their songs are excellent, especially Family Friend and Norgaard, and guitarist Freddie Cowan is the younger brother of Tom Cowan, or Tomethy Furse, from The Horrors - another of my favourite bands.

Norgaard by The Vaccines

Count In Fives by The Horrors

Doctor Who comes back very soon, and Matt Smith has apparently signed on for S7, which is some of the best news I've heard in a while. Though Laura and I have predicted he'll only stay on for three seasons. But that's a long way away and we still have S6 to enjoy first.

I have maths tomorrow (my multiplication grid time is down to approx. 3 mins 30 secs each time now, which is excellent seeing as before it was over 6 minutes). I have work at some point, though I definitley have the early shift again on Saturday, which means I'll be opening the shop for the first time by myself. I'll get there for 6am just to give me a couple of extra minutes in case of problems. This is worrying. I hope my boss comes in because I don't want to spend all day there. I'm not prepared enough for that yet. Plus, I'm not the deputy manager, just a Saturday girl, remember? Remember head office? A Saturday girl. Bumsy.

Adieu.

1 comment: