Friday, March 18, 2011

Photobucket Photobucket

I'm back from Whitstable. I had a pretty good time, especially the bowling under the names 'Han Solo' and 'Chewbacca' and the numerous second hand book shops. The food was good, the people of Kent were lovely and it didn't rain all that much. Plus we watched a lot of Midsomer Murders, Come Dine With Me and Coach Trip. Laura's grandma was really lovely and welcoming, and let me eat all the chocolate cereal in the variety pack.

Dad's just told me we're probably going to Mallorca this summer, home of Shagaluf. Except we're not going to Shagaluf, obviously (we're going to Puerto Pollensa, which in turn is not the home of a small yellow grain), as that would be a bit weird. I imagine I may find it to be a wee bit of a culture shock. Me, with my book on the Crusades and Star Wars t-shirt, and the party-goers, with their t-shirts reading 'SHITTER' and their in-flight boozing.

Basically, Whitstable was excellent and I had a fantastic week. Thanks to Laura and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment