Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hello, I've been away for a while but now I'm back and here is a blog.

Portugal was great (despite obvious downsides which have already been blogged), and I got back and realised how bad my tan lines actually are. It feels a bit weird not being able to go and sit on the roof in the sun with a glass of ice tea, but I guess home is home, and the weather hasn't been too bad now that we're back.

It turns out that I have/had (who knows?) an infection on my leg, probably due to a bite or something. I'm pretty much back to normal, a few things are still gross and I'm kinda just hoping they'll go away sooner rather than later. I've had five days on antibiotics called Flucloxacillin, which seems to have helped. I have a hospital appointment on Thursday I think. It's just annoying rather than painful now. Bah.

Bath was a fantastic trip, the video is over in the sidebar, and I had a great time and I feel better for it. Is laughter the best medicine? Apparently so. We lived in luxury, and it felt brilliant and I really enjoyed myself, so thanks to the people who went and who made it possible - it is muchos appreciated.

In other news, I finally watched Watchmen, and it was brilliant. Kinda disgusting in parts, but overall very good and well put together. The Comedian is a genius, I want a poster of him :)

On Friday I went to the Theatre Royal Haymarket with Mum and Dad to see Waiting for Godot, and I don't think it's possible for me to express how bloody good it was in words. Sir Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart were so amazing, and Simon Callow and Ronald Pickup were also fantastic. It was pretty inspiring to be honest.

Other than that...not much has happened, and I'm trying to unwind with some good films and relax and generally be cool. Or as cool as I can be, anyway.

1 comment:

  1. sorry about you leg! Hope it is better.

    Glad you had a good time on holiday. I did too, got back at 9am this morning :)

    ReplyDelete