Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Interesting Non-Rant Blog About My Marvellous Day In London Will Be Up Soon.

In the meantime, you'll have to put up with this.

Photobucket

Firstly, to those who haven't read the Darren Shan books (the Vampire ones, not the slightly crappy Demon series), then you need to know a few facts.

Darren is what, twelve in the book? I think. Not sixteen, like they've made him in this, clearly to attract a teen girl audience. This guy looks like his face is wedged in a fish bowl.

Mr Crepsley is supposed to be tall, thin, ginger, and has a scar. When they announced they were making this film I could only think of one or two people who would have been perfect: Tim Roth, or the guy who plays Mr Filch in Harry Potter. They would have been excellent. Don't get me wrong, I quite like some of John C. Reilly's films but this is a miscast on the same fail-scale as Jake Gyllenhaal for Prince of Persia, i.e. CRAP.

WHY IS IT AMERICAN? Good Lord. I always just presumed it was English. Darren Shan (the author) is from Ireland, I think...

WHY DO WE NEED ANOTHER SHIT VAMPIRE BOOK/MOVIE FRANCHISE? And people are clearly going to think that the Cirque du Freak books etc etc. are a rip off of Twatlight. Which it's not, because the Cirque du Freak books were excellent.

Why is Evra Von bright green?
Why are the taglines so awful?
Who adapted the script/screenplay? ("Darren, I saw his paintings in my vampire books. He's a vampire!" / "Can I turn into a bat?" "No, that's bull-" )

WHY IS IT SOME CRAP TEEN COMEDY LIGHT ACTION TEENSY BIT OF BLOOD MOVIE?

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPC-5VoCkNE

Bah.

1 comment:

  1. ok so i watched the trailer and i will be honest i though it looked well cool. However i take on you points but as someone who hasn't read the books and most likely won't it looks like a fantastic film.

    However that is my opinion!

    ReplyDelete