Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tom Petty once said: "Sure as night will follow day, most things I worry about never happen anyway". Clearly, Mr Petty never took a gap year. A gap year seems to be a void set aside for people who weren't entirely sure what they wanted to do this time last year but annoyingly realised when school finished in the summer. It is an endless chasm of paranoia, as you no longer have the comfort of 'just asking a teacher'. Are things happening? Should you chase up that letter, that email? What if I look pushy? Am I being irritating?

On Monday I posted a letter to St Albans tutors which contained a copy of my passport, my GCSE result sheet, a form about maths resits and a cheque for £140, as they requested. I have heard nothing back. Do I call them and just find out if they got it?

What's the difference between news awareness and news sense? I have to sit three written aptitude tests as part of the application process for Winchester and I do not know the difference. Winchester is my number one choice and I can't afford to scew up. The other test is in English, which should be fine. I also have to sit a screen test and a personal interview. NO PRESSURE THEN.

On top of that, I have absolutely no drive to go back to the gym. This is unacceptable. I haven't been in nearly three weeks. I need to keep reading but I don't like the book I'm stuck on and I want to finish it so I can read Never Let Me Go and Nerd Do Well. I haven't sorted out my maths tutor because I haven't got a reply from the main place thing.

Mr Petty, you are a liar. The things I worry about DO tend to happen anyway.


(Gratuitous Indiana Jones to bring lightness to this dreary post. Hot damn.)

3 comments:

  1. Be pushy! Call them ASAP! The more you put it off the more unsure you become! Good luck with winchester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CALL THEM
    GO TO THE GYM SO WE CAN PLAY BADMINTON
    COME SWIMMING WITH ME
    GOOD LUCK


    I LIKE CAPS TODAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAPS ARE GOOD! Colin Firth will win, he HAS too!

    ReplyDelete