Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I miss my friend Anne. She's gone to Australia until August. She's already time-travelled which makes her infinitely cool in my opinion. Me on the other hand? I'm in bed at 9:45, listening to the Lord of the Rings soundtrack and looking forward to reading some more of my book.

I had a conversation on the way back from work on Saturday that went a little like this:

Me: Last night I watched three Indiana Jones movies and I'm looking forward to getting home so I can catch the end of The Empire Strikes Back. I am going out for drinks though. It's a wonder I have a social life, to be honest.
Temporary Boss For The Day: I'm surprised you're not dead.

Which I thought was a little rude. I love watching nerdy movies. Today I ordered a t-shirt with the words HAN SHOT FIRST written on it and if it wasn't for my interest in (awesome) sci-fi films, Paul would've made no sense to me at all. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. If it makes me happy, what's the harm? It's hurtful to assume because I like to watch Star Wars that must mean my social life is lacking and I must be suicidal.

I make my own fun, thank-you-very-much.

2 comments:

  1. That Paul guy definitly isn't as cool as Star Wars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for saying I am an infinitely cool time-traveller and making that amazing picture :) I should wear my bow tie more often. Also Corin (age 8) says that his favourite actor is Harrison Ford, both in Star Wars and Indiana Jones, so you are not alone, and there are people like you ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD. I miss my friend Jane too, and one day you will Find NemAnne, just follow the EAC.

    ReplyDelete