Sunday, July 25, 2010

Last night, I decided to spend nearly three hours or so (maybe it was that, I wasn't keeping count) sitting in the kitchen by myself, not talking to anyone and with my headphones plugged into my laptop. Why? Because it was the Doctor Who Prom last night!

I'm listening to it again now, and I have to say it really is utterly brilliant. The music composed by Murray Gold was fantastic, as usual, and I honestly don't know how he manages to capture the characters and the excitement of the programme, but he does. And he does it well.

They played The Madman With A Box, An Untimely Arrival, I Am The Doctor, Battle In The Skies, Amy's Theme, Liz, Lizards, Vampires and Vincent, The Pandorica Suite and The Title Credits.

They also included some pieces from S3 and 4 - This Is Gallifrey and Song Of Freedom. The latter was very moving and a great way to end.

My favourite? Without a shadow of a doubt I Am The Doctor. It's exciting, fun, adrenaline pumping, heartbeat-racing brilliance. I'm saying brilliant a lot. But it is. It sums up the Eleventh Doctor so so well and when you hear it you just know something amazing is going to happen. They played the speech from The Pandorica Opens when he's speaking to the ships at Stonehenge over the top and it shouldn't have worked but it just did.

The best piece of Doctor Who music I think Murray Gold has produced thus far.

Find part one HERE and part two in the bar at the bottom. They filmed it for BBC3 to be shown later in the month/next month I think. Go listen now and enjoy it without the visual stuff, personally, I think it's even better this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment