Monday, August 9, 2010

Black cloud and thunderstorm mood has gone. It is replaced by an overcast with sunny intervals mood. What a pleasant change. Put on your coats and thermals because here comes another weather metaphor update.

Okay. So. In town today I got some information (with Laura's help) on where to do a maths GCSE part time. West Hert's College, would you believe. And I'm keen to sign up and get going but I suppose I should perhaps explore some more options before spending the £300+ cost. I know. If all goes to plan I'll be sorted for enrolment by the end of the week.

I've re-written my CV, in the hopes that it may give me a bit more luck with jobs etc. but you never know.

Dad spoke to his 'connections' in Carlisle and there is a possibility that I may get on a three week internship doing press/media/journalism related stuff for Carlisle United. There's a foot in the door that'll certainly help when it comes to application time. Hopefully. It should be awesome, anyhow. Now to work it in around the maths...

Anyway, if none of it works out, I read in my book earlier that the Moon is moving away from us at a speed of 4cm a year, and in 2 billion years, it will have gotten so far away that its gravitational magnetic influence on the Earth will be lost, and as a result, we'll spin like a top before falling into the sun, roasting and burning to death.

Silver linings and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment